Get Started With Medicare
As you approach your 65th birthday, you will now be eligible for government sponsored health insurance known as Medicare. There are numerous different parts, plans, and added benefits that will become available to you once you are eligible. This makes it extremely important that you speak with someone who can compare these options with you before deciding on a policy.
Kyle Devries really helped me a lot! My situation was a bit complicated, but he helped me navigate through all the details. Kyle's the best: smart, pleasant,... read more - 8/24/2021sharil williams
I first contacted Matt when I still lived in Wyoming a year ago. When I finally moved to Reno, he remembered me and was very facilitative to help me... read more - 8/19/2021John & Rachel Bogard Planet X Pottery
I highly recommend having Alex help you with your Healthcare needs. He is highly knowledgeable about all the different options. He made it very easy to pick the best plans... read more - 8/09/2021
- Darlene Green
My experience with Kyle Devries has been helpful and a smooth process. He seems to be very knowledgeable on everything he offered. I am so glad to work with... read more - 7/30/2021Debbie Lofano
It was a pleasure working with Matt Law. He answered my many questions about various Medicare health plans so I could decide which plan would be best for me.... read more - 7/14/2021Deckade Flooring
Kyle is an asset to Health Benefits Associates - He always answers back promptly to correct any issues regarding our account. - 6/21/2021
- Beth Miller
Grant was a consummate professional in helping me obtain health insurance. He understood my needs in a health care plan and provided me with several excellent options. He... read more - 6/21/2021Ann Louhela
After a couple confusing months of trying to figure out my Medicare options, I was lucky to find a recommendation for Health Benefits Associates. Their agent Alex Sampson was amazing.... read more - 5/25/2021Julie Hallauer
Several members of my family have used Matt Law for insurance and Medicare decisions, including myself. He is very knowledgeable on all products available and is happy to explain how... read more - 4/24/2021
- Reno Bernardini
I called a few places with no help. I left a message with the person in the office and my phone number, waited 2 days with no call back.... read more - 4/22/2021Annie Warner
Matt Law helped us figure out which health plan would benefit us the most. He helped us understand the Medicare options that would help with our health care needs. We... read more - 1/18/2021Judy Carlson
Grant Dodge was assigned to me as a wonderful Health Insurance Agent. My previous guy with Health Benefits was also Awesome. ( Initials J.Y)
I have received VERY HIGH Quality... read more - 12/21/2020
- Tiffany Yang
I reached out to Matt Law from a referral from a friend and he has exceeded all my expectations. Matt was very responsive and quick to give me all the... read more - 12/15/2020Gabrielle Congdon
Grant was great! He helped my dad find the best plan that suited his needs. My dad was amazed by how quick and easy the process was considering how overwhelming... read more - 12/10/2020julie howes
My Husband & I , a week ago went to our appointment with Kyle, to go over our Health Insurance Options , with us being on Medicare and also a... read more - 12/07/2020
- Kelli Schamber
Kyle is so professional and knowledgeable. He handled everything efficiently. He gave such personal service, which made me comfortable that my insurance needs were taken care of for... read more - 11/30/2020patricia Front
I had Alex as my agent. He is very professional and responds quickly to my requests and can help in every way possible. I am recommending him to all my... read more - 11/18/2020Amy “Lou” A.
I wish I would have found Alex Sampson years ago! He is the BEST Insurance representative our family has ever worked with. He responds ASAP, always follows through,... read more - 11/12/2020
- Brooke O'Byrne
We have worked with Matt Law for the last several years. We really appreciate his willingness to help us understand the health insurance market so we can make the best... read more - 11/03/2020Barb Ristine
Matt Law took over our account after our original broker retired. Matt has been great. He provided us with quotes for renewing our health insurance, answered all my questions, and... read more - 11/02/2020Janice Luttges
Matt has been taking care of us with knowledgeable information...
delivered fast..with our best interest in mind..we're dealing with cancer again and it was gratifying to know he was taking... read more - 10/31/2020
- Susan Reynolds
Matt Law has provided excellent service. My husband and I were new to Nevada and Matt helped us find the right health insurance to fit each of our needs. Matt... read more - 10/31/2020Lou Millman
Kyle with Health Benefits Associates was very helpful for me when I retired and moved cross country in the same month. He was able to find out exactly what documents... read more - 10/16/2020Bill Rieger
I worked with Matt Law to replace an expiring COBRA policy. He was patient, thorough, and professional. Emails and calls were returned promptly. Because of his experience and networking,... read more - 9/30/2020
- Peter Lenz
Matt Law provided solid information about Medicare choices, was professional in demeanor but still very personable, and very easy to work with. - 9/30/2020Lou Laverty
If You are confused about Your Medicare coverage and add-on options, Kyle, Matt and the whole Crew here REALLY know how to clear it up and help You make an... read more - 8/25/2020Genevieve Weeks
They are very professional and knowledgeable. Eager to help and answer all questions. I highly recommend their services. - 8/21/2020
- E P
These are difficult times in many profound ways including getting set with Medicare (who woulda thought). After researching and a false start elsewhere, I found my way to Health Benefits... read more - 7/27/2020Julie V
Matt Law was instrumental in helping us find the right medical insurance when we moved to Nevada. We did not know where to start and when we found Health... read more - 7/21/2020Becky Blank
I had a fantastic experience working with Alex Sampson to get set up with a Medicare supplemental plan. He mad the transition so easy and explained every step along... read more - 5/21/2020
Get a quote for Medicare plans using the button above or you can go to our contact page to give us a call!
Medicare has four main parts:
Continue down to view options to protect yourself from what Original Medicare doesn't cover.
Once you have Parts A and B, there are two different routes you can go. This is either a Nevada Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plan.
Both of these choices have pros and cons. Depending on your specific situation, one choice may be better suited for you. This is why comparing options with a licensed professional is so important. You can view below some of the differences between these choices to get a general idea of how each option works.
- Supplement plans have a monthly premium. The amount will depend on your age and gender when enrolling.
- Covers the remainder of the bill after your Part B deductible (Plan G). There are many other plan options but Plan G provides the most coverage.
- Requires medical questionnaire UNLESS you're turning 65, leaving a Medicare Advantage plan in your first year, or leaving a group plan (other exceptions apply)
- You can purchase it at any time, not just October 15th through December 7th.
- You can visit any doctor or hospital who accepts patients over 65 years old and as a result, there is little restriction on the doctors you can choose from.
- These do not include prescription drug coverage. A great tool for shopping drug plans can be found here: Part D plan search.
Nevada Medicare Advantage plans have premiums as low as $0! Many also include prescription benefits with their medical plan.
- In exchange for the low premiums, many plans limit the doctors who are covered.
- Includes a maximum out-of-pocket. This limits the amount you pay annually for doctors and hospitals.
- Very low co-pays are offered for most routine medical services
- All rates are the same per zip code, regardless of age or sex
- Need to be in a Special Enrollment Period or Annual Enrollment Period (Oct 15 - Dec 7th) to start coverage unless you are turning 65.
- Guaranteed issue, you can't be denied or rated up based on your health (excluding End Stage Kidney Disease).
- Many Nevada Medicare Advantage plans include dental, vision, and hearing aid coverage at no extra cost.
- The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period in Nevada starts on October 15th and ends on December 7th every year. If you apply for coverage during this time period, your Medicare policy should start on January 1st. There are certain Special Enrollment Periods which may allow you to get Medicare coverage before …Read More »
- Medicare Advantage Reno Basics Advantage plans are available to people who qualify for Medicare Nevada. These plans are different from Medigap Supplement Reno plans. Medicare Advantage plans are available at different times of the year depending on your eligibility. Before someone can get an Advantage plan, they need to meet a …Read More »
For accommodation of persons with special needs at meetings call Phone:775-828-1216 and TTY:800-326-6868.