Get Started With Medicare
As you approach your 65th birthday, you will now be eligible for government sponsored health insurance known as Medicare. There are numerous different parts, plans, and added benefits that will become available to you once you are eligible. This makes it extremely important that you speak with someone who can compare these options with you before deciding on a policy.
- Ann Louhela
After a couple confusing months of trying to figure out my Medicare options, I was lucky to find a recommendation for Health Benefits Associates. Their agent Alex Sampson was amazing.... read more - 5/25/2021Julie Hallauer
Several members of my family have used Matt Law for insurance and Medicare decisions, including myself. He is very knowledgeable on all products available and is happy to explain how... read more - 4/24/2021Reno Bernardini
I called a few places with no help. I left a message with the person in the office and my phone number, waited 2 days with no call back.... read more - 4/22/2021
- Annie Warner
Matt Law helped us figure out which health plan would benefit us the most. He helped us understand the Medicare options that would help with our health care needs. We... read more - 1/18/2021Judy Carlson
Grant Dodge was assigned to me as a wonderful Health Insurance Agent. My previous guy with Health Benefits was also Awesome. ( Initials J.Y)
I have received VERY HIGH Quality... read more - 12/21/2020Tiffany Yang
I reached out to Matt Law from a referral from a friend and he has exceeded all my expectations. Matt was very responsive and quick to give me all the... read more - 12/15/2020
- Gabrielle Congdon
Grant was great! He helped my dad find the best plan that suited his needs. My dad was amazed by how quick and easy the process was considering how overwhelming... read more - 12/10/2020julie howes
My Husband & I , a week ago went to our appointment with Kyle, to go over our Health Insurance Options , with us being on Medicare and also a... read more - 12/07/2020Kelli Schamber
Kyle is so professional and knowledgeable. He handled everything efficiently. He gave such personal service, which made me comfortable that my insurance needs were taken care of for... read more - 11/30/2020
- patricia Front
I had Alex as my agent. He is very professional and responds quickly to my requests and can help in every way possible. I am recommending him to all my... read more - 11/18/2020Amy “Lou” A.
I wish I would have found Alex Sampson years ago! He is the BEST Insurance representative our family has ever worked with. He responds ASAP, always follows through,... read more - 11/12/2020Brooke O'Byrne
We have worked with Matt Law for the last several years. We really appreciate his willingness to help us understand the health insurance market so we can make the best... read more - 11/03/2020
- Barb Ristine
Matt Law took over our account after our original broker retired. Matt has been great. He provided us with quotes for renewing our health insurance, answered all my questions, and... read more - 11/02/2020Janice Luttges
Matt has been taking care of us with knowledgeable information...
delivered fast..with our best interest in mind..we're dealing with cancer again and it was gratifying to know he was taking... read more - 10/31/2020Susan Reynolds
Matt Law has provided excellent service. My husband and I were new to Nevada and Matt helped us find the right health insurance to fit each of our needs. Matt... read more - 10/31/2020
- Lou Millman
Kyle with Health Benefits Associates was very helpful for me when I retired and moved cross country in the same month. He was able to find out exactly what documents... read more - 10/16/2020Bill Rieger
I worked with Matt Law to replace an expiring COBRA policy. He was patient, thorough, and professional. Emails and calls were returned promptly. Because of his experience and networking,... read more - 9/30/2020Peter Lenz
Matt Law provided solid information about Medicare choices, was professional in demeanor but still very personable, and very easy to work with. - 9/30/2020
- Lou Laverty
If You are confused about Your Medicare coverage and add-on options, Kyle, Matt and the whole Crew here REALLY know how to clear it up and help You make an... read more - 8/25/2020Genevieve Weeks
They are very professional and knowledgeable. Eager to help and answer all questions. I highly recommend their services. - 8/21/2020E P
These are difficult times in many profound ways including getting set with Medicare (who woulda thought). After researching and a false start elsewhere, I found my way to Health Benefits... read more - 7/27/2020
- Julie V
Matt Law was instrumental in helping us find the right medical insurance when we moved to Nevada. We did not know where to start and when we found Health... read more - 7/21/2020Becky Blank
I had a fantastic experience working with Alex Sampson to get set up with a Medicare supplemental plan. He mad the transition so easy and explained every step along... read more - 5/21/2020Laura Williams
I worked with Matt Law during my transition from Health Plan of Nevada to Medicare and choosing a supplemental and drug plan that was right for me. Matt began coaching... read more - 5/20/2020
- Jack Hayes
I highly recommend Matt Law. After almost 30 years of having my employer take care of our insurance I suddenly had a lot of decisions to make about Medicare, Medicare... read more - 5/06/2020Alison Metcalf
Alex at Health Benefits Associates was awesome! My mother moved from out of state and needed to get a new health insurance plan ASAP. Alex was so quick... read more - 5/02/2020S. Wong
Alex has assisted us in the past to find the right health insurance plan when my husband’s employer sponsored plan expired. This year, both my husband and I became... read more - 5/01/2020
- Dorothy Hall
Are you in the middle of trying to figure out what to do about health insurance? Are you as confused as the rest of us? Seriously, contact these folks. I’ve... read more - 4/27/2020Deb de Lancey
Jake has been our trusted Health insurance adviser for many years. He always finds us the best plans each year. We have recommended him to others in need of a... read more - 12/27/2019Robert Bartoo
I would like to thank Jake Young at Health Benefits Associates. Jake patiently guided us in selecting our future insurance policy. Don't know what we would of done... read more - 12/10/2019
Get a quote for Medicare plans using the button above or you can go to our contact page to give us a call!
Medicare has four main parts:
Continue down to view options to protect yourself from what Original Medicare doesn't cover.
Once you have Parts A and B, there are two different routes you can go. This is either a Nevada Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plan.
Both of these choices have pros and cons. Depending on your specific situation, one choice may be better suited for you. This is why comparing options with a licensed professional is so important. You can view below some of the differences between these choices to get a general idea of how each option works.
- Supplement plans have a monthly premium. The amount will depend on your age and gender when enrolling.
- Covers the remainder of the bill after your Part B deductible (Plan G). There are many other plan options but Plan G provides the most coverage.
- Requires medical questionnaire UNLESS you're turning 65, leaving a Medicare Advantage plan in your first year, or leaving a group plan (other exceptions apply)
- You can purchase it at any time, not just October 15th through December 7th.
- You can visit any doctor or hospital who accepts patients over 65 years old and as a result, there is little restriction on the doctors you can choose from.
- These do not include prescription drug coverage. A great tool for shopping drug plans can be found here: Part D plan search.
Nevada Medicare Advantage plans have premiums as low as $0! Many also include prescription benefits with their medical plan.
- In exchange for the low premiums, many plans limit the doctors who are covered.
- Includes a maximum out-of-pocket. This limits the amount you pay annually for doctors and hospitals.
- Very low co-pays are offered for most routine medical services
- All rates are the same per zip code, regardless of age or sex
- Need to be in a Special Enrollment Period or Annual Enrollment Period (Oct 15 - Dec 7th) to start coverage unless you are turning 65.
- Guaranteed issue, you can't be denied or rated up based on your health (excluding End Stage Kidney Disease).
- Many Nevada Medicare Advantage plans include dental, vision, and hearing aid coverage at no extra cost.
- The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period in Nevada starts on October 15th and ends on December 7th every year. If you apply for coverage during this time period, your Medicare policy should start on January 1st. There are certain Special Enrollment Periods which may allow you to get Medicare coverage before …Read More »
- Medicare Advantage Reno Basics Advantage plans are available to people who qualify for Medicare Nevada. These plans are different from Medigap Supplement Reno plans. Medicare Advantage plans are available at different times of the year depending on your eligibility. Before someone can get an Advantage plan, they need to meet a …Read More »