Discover Your Medicare Options
Medicare advertising can be relentless. With so many different options, it is easy to be confused about your choices. That’s where our office comes in. We help compare each choice to find the plan that fits your needs.
Get a quote for Medicare plans using the button above or you can go to our contact page to give us a call!
Medicare has four main parts:
Continue down to view options to protect yourself from what Original Medicare doesn't cover.
Once you have Parts A and B, there are two different routes you can go. This is either a Nevada Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plan.
Both of these choices have pros and cons. Depending on your specific situation, one choice may be better suited for you. This is why comparing options with a licensed professional is so important. You can view below some of the differences between these choices to get a general idea of how each option works.
- Supplement plans have a monthly premium. The amount will depend on your age and gender when enrolling.
- Covers the remainder of the bill after your Part B deductible (Plan G). There are many other plan options but Plan G provides the most coverage.
- Requires medical questionnaire UNLESS you're turning 65, leaving a Medicare Advantage plan in your first year, or leaving a group plan (other exceptions apply)
- You can purchase it at any time, not just October 15th through December 7th.
- You can visit any doctor or hospital who accepts patients over 65 years old and as a result, there is little restriction on the doctors you can choose from.
- These do not include prescription drug coverage. A great tool for shopping drug plans can be found here: Part D plan search.
Nevada Medicare Advantage plans have premiums as low as $0! Many also include prescription benefits with their medical plan.
- In exchange for the low premiums, many plans limit the doctors who are covered.
- Includes a maximum out-of-pocket. This limits the amount you pay annually for doctors and hospitals.
- Very low co-pays are offered for most routine medical services
- All rates are the same per zip code, regardless of age or sex
- Need to be in a Special Enrollment Period or Annual Enrollment Period (Oct 15 - Dec 7th) to start coverage unless you are turning 65.
- Guaranteed issue, you can't be denied or rated up based on your health (excluding End Stage Kidney Disease).
- Many Nevada Medicare Advantage plans include dental, vision, and hearing aid coverage at no extra cost.
- The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period in Nevada starts on October 15th and ends on December 7th every year. If you apply for coverage during this time period, your Medicare policy should start on January 1st. There are certain Special Enrollment Periods which may allow you to get Medicare coverage before …Read More »
- Medicare Advantage Reno Basics Advantage plans are available to people who qualify for Medicare Nevada. These plans are different from Medigap Supplement Reno plans. Medicare Advantage plans are available at different times of the year depending on your eligibility. Before someone can get an Advantage plan, they need to meet a …Read More »
For accommodation of persons with special needs at meetings call Phone:775-828-1216 and TTY:800-326-6868.