OEP Nevada Medicare

Make Sure to Get Your Medicare Plan Choice Done on Time

OEP Nevada Medicare

The OEP Nevada Medicare period runs from January 1st to March 31st. This time period is very different from the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). During OEP, you can make a one time switch to your current Medicare Advantage plan. This period does not apply to those that have Original Medicare. You can also drop your Medicare Advantage plan during this time. This would revert you back to Original Medicare but you may not be able to sign up for a Supplement plan. Below are some things to keep in mind during this time period.

Not Happy With Your Choice?

If you recently signed up for a Medicare Advantage plan that you are unhappy with, now is a great time to make a change. Unfortunately, many people sign up for a plan with a call agency they saw on a commercial or 1-800 phone number. These people usually get signed up for a plan with no consideration for their needs. This might cause you to lose your doctors or you might need to select an entirely new medical group. You may have also signed up for a plan with major holes in the coverage. Call centers are designed to avoid the pitfalls of the plan they are pushing.

If this happend to you, talk to a local broker. A health insurance broker is contracted with every plan in the state. It makes no difference which choice you select to your broker so you know you are getting an honest opinion about which plan is right for your needs. There are zero fees or additional costs for broker services.

Going Back to Original Medicare

If you decide that you want to avoid Medicare Advantage plans entirely, you can do so and go back to Original Medicare. This switch will allow you to sign up for a Part D Prescription Drug plan as well. Original Medicare does not cover prescriptions so it is important to sign up for a plan if you are doing this.

The biggest issue with making this choice is the gaps that Original Medicare has. It only covers 80% of your doctor and hospital expenses. The remaining 20% of the bill you owe will be no small amount for major medical services. The answers you give will determine your eligibility. You might have to pay increased premiums or you can be denied coverage entirely. Speaking with a broker can help determine if you will pass.