Medicare Part C in Nevada

Part C in Nevada is also known as Medicare Advantage. These plans range in price depending on the insurance company you enroll in. As of today, almost every insurance company offers a plan with a $0 premium in counties like Washoe. Also, these plans usually include Part D drug coverage at no extra cost. Simply put, Part C in Nevada is easy and affordable. We recommend assessing your options with a licensed broker. Our licensed brokers do not charge fees and they can help you find the right plan for your needs.

Eligibility Requirements

To qualify for Part C in Nevada, you must meet the following requirements:

Unlike Medicare Supplement plans, you do not need to be 65 or older to enroll in Part C plans. This means that people who qualify for Medicare due to a disability can enroll in Part C plans before they turn 65. People can enroll in Part C plans during specific times of the year. We recommend discussing your eligibility with one of our Brokers in our Reno office.

How to Find the Right Plan

There are a few main things you want to research before enrolling in coverage. Here are the main things to keep in mind:

  • Find a plan that accepts your preferred doctors, pharmacies, and provider facilities.
  • If you need value added coverages like dental, vision, or hearing aids make sure to shop accordingly. Some Part C plans include these services whereas some plans do not.
  • Make sure your prescriptions are covered correctly. Some insurance companies will cover prescriptions better than others.
  • Make sure your expected medical needs are covered correctly. Each insurance company has different benefits on their plans.

Dual Eligibility

Dual Eligibility is a great situation to be in! Dual Eligibility occurs when you qualify for both Medicaid and Medicare Part A and Part B. Having both Medicaid and Medicare allows you to obtain medical services and prescriptions at a reduced cost. The State Medicaid Program will help pay for the costs at the doctor’s office or at the pharmacy. Best of all, people who are Dual Eligible can enroll in a Part C plan at any time during the first 3 quarters of the year! To see if you are Dual Eligible, please contact the Division of Welfare and Supportive Services.