If you are shopping in Reno for Health Insurance in 2021, we can help! Our local office in Northern Nevada helps people navigate the complex world of health care. Our 7 licensed brokers also contract with every major medical insurance company. Also, we do not charge fees! Our team can help you with the following types of medical plans:
- Individual and Family Plans
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Group Health Plans (including Association Health Plans)
Individual and Family Plans
When shopping in Reno for Health Insurance in 2021, you will see many different options for Individual and Family Plans. In simple terms, there are two main options:
- On Exchange: On Exchange plans are purchased through Nevada Health Link. When applying for coverage, you will be asked questions regarding income, tax information, and more. Based on your situation, you may also qualify for government assistance to help pay for your health plan. These plans are called subsidized insurance plans. To apply for these plans, please visit nevadahealthlink.com.
- Off Exchange: Our office actively assists people with off exchange plans. Not every insurance company in Nevada can be purchased through Nevada Health Link. Also, Off Exchange plans are not eligible for government assistance. Lastly, Off Exchange plans traditionally have larger doctor lists which helps reduce wait times when accessing health care. To get a free quote, please click here.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans are also known as Part C of Medicare. These plans are purchased through private insurance companies. You must be enrolled in both Part A and Part B of Medicare to qualify for coverage. Certain counties in Nevada have many different options available, whereas some counties have no Medicare Advantage options at all.
Medicare Advantage Plans do not ask health questions. You also do not need to be 65 years old to enroll in one of these plans. If you want to discuss options with one of our licensed brokers, please click here. We will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Medicare Supplement Plans
As you get closer to 65 years of age, you will get bombarded with Medicare advertisements. Medicare Supplement plans are available to people enrolled in Part A and Part B of Medicare. In Nevada, you must be 65 years old to qualify for a Medicare Supplement plan. Also, depending on your situation you might not have to answer health questions. To get a free quote, please click here.
Group Health Plans
If you own a small business and you are shopping in Reno for Health Insurance in 2021, there are two main types of group health plans: